School at Glendale starts promptly at 8am. Students may be dropped off starting at 7:45am. Anyone who arrives after 8am will need to be checked in at the front office by a parent or guardian and will receive a "tardy."
There is one way in and out of Thompson Avenue. We also have many buses coming to Glendale with very small children. We all need to be aware of this, even when we are late for work.
Please drive slowly at all times.
Pick up begins at 3pm. The pick-up line is long, but moves quickly and is often complete by 3:15pm.
The morning line is single file but in the afternoon we have a double file for dismissal.
Buses are loaded first in order to pick up other routes.
Car riders will pull up to a teacher with a “Stop” sign. Please have our child/children’s name visible on your car’s visor for dismissal. If you do not have one, we can give you one.
Stay in your car and we will bring your child to you. Once children are safely in the car you will then be instructed to pull forward.
A FEW TRANSPORTATION REQUESTS:
- Please do not bring your dogs in the hookup line.
- Please do not talk on your cell phone during drop off or pick-up. (It's the law!)
- Please do not leave your car or leave until you are directed.
- Please do not distract teachers during drop off or pick-up
- Please do not get out and talk to friends during drop off or pick-up.
If someone else is picking up your child, you must send a note and be signed by teacher/principal. Please make sure your child knows how he/she is getting home.
We do not dismiss early between 2:30pm and 3:00pm
We appreciate your patience. We understand that the car line is long and accessing our limited parking can be frustrating during high volume times.
We open the doors to the school and begin receiving students from the car line at 7:45am. The best way to keep our kids safe and to help traffic flow is to follow these guidelines:
1. Please use the car line to drop-off and pick-up students. Reserve the limited parking for special circumstances and for parent volunteers.
2. Parking is for teachers, staff and parent volunteers. Please only use the back parking lot if you are dropping off and walking in with your child.
3. Volunteers and visitors may park in the back parking lot accessible from Melville. There are also several parking spaces in front of the school that are easily accessed during non-peak traffic times. We do not encourage the use of these parking spaces during drop-off and pick-up.
4. Do not park in the grass.
5. Do not use your cell phone in any way while driving on our campus.